Careers with Guns Down America
POSITION: Content Manager
Location: Remote | Status: Full Time
Salary Range: $75,000 - $85,000/year
100% Employer Paid Medical/Vision/Dental
Generous Paid Time Off
Cell Phone/Wifi Stipend
New Computer w/Accessories
Position Summary The Content Manager will manage Guns Down America’s owned channels including social accounts, email, and public statements. The successful candidate will develop and execute a digital strategy that moves campaigns forward and creates greater interest and awareness of Guns Down America. The Content Manager will partner with and report to the Creative Director to develop strategies that introduce Guns Down America to new audiences online and reinforce our position as the leading corporate accountability organization in the gun violence prevention movement.
As the Content Manager, you will:
- Track current events and create daily briefs to make sure the organization is aware of developing trends and actionable moments.
- Create a quarterly newsletter to share organizational updates and point of view.
- Draft press releases and statements from Guns Down America leadership.
- Translate messaging frameworks into social-ready content that supports overarching communications strategy.
- Generate new ideas for original content related to campaigns and advocacy efforts.
- Create digital and social media calendars and coordinate output with Creative and Development Directors.
- Help build and drive cohesive messaging and communications strategy.
- Coordinate with the Development Director on messaging for donors and fundraising efforts.
- Draft digital and social media copy and coordinate posting with Campaigns/Creative Team.
- Develop and oversee content for long term messaging projects (website, social channels, web video series, etc.).
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with coalition partners and represent Guns Down America in partner meetings, as needed.
- Report program progress and success.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experiences
- Experience creating and managing an integrated campaign calendar.
- Experience guiding or establishing a social media strategy designed to increase followers and engagement.
- Experience with or willingness to learn corporate social responsibility and environmental, social, and governance issues.
- Record of experience translating abstract policy and financial concepts into key messages.
- Experience with EveryAction or other email marketing software preferred.
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is beneficial but not required.
Please send your resume, a cover letter and 2 (TWO) writing samples to email@example.com