On December 2, devastated by the school shooting in Michigan, Manuel Oliver, who lost his son Joaquin at the 2018 school shooting in Parkland, Florida flew to Washington D.C. to demand a meeting with President Biden in order to urge him to prioritize gun violence reduction.
Since the President has yet to meet with Manuel, a group of gun violence survivors from across the country are pressuring the White House to meet with Manny and pledge his commitment to addressing the public health crisis of gun violence.
How you can help:
- Call the White House 202-456-1111 || 202-456-1414. Ask Biden to meet with Manuel and pledge to him that he’ll announce a plan of action for reducing gun violence at the State of the Union.
- Call your member of Congress. Urge them to share our message and call White House themselves.
- Call your local news station/newspaper. Tell them about this action and urge them to cover it.
- Attend the White House rally on Thursday, Dec. 9 at 1pm EST
WHERE: On Pennsylvania Ave between the White House gate and Lafayette park
- Participate in Thursday’s phone banking for the White House event. Details TBD
Amplify our message on social media:
- [TWEET THIS] .@POTUS must meet with Manuel Oliver and commit to outlining his plan for reducing gun violence at the State of the Union address. #MeetWithManny
- [TWEET THIS] I just called @WhiteHouse urging @POTUS to meet with Manuel Oliver and commit to announcing his plan for reducing gun violence at next year’s State of the Union Address. Please do the same: 202-456-1111 #MeetWithManny
- [TWEET THIS] URGENT: Please call @WhiteHouse and urge @POTUS to meet with gun violence survivor Manuel Oliver. @POTUS must commit to unveiling his plan for reducing gun violence at next year’s State of the Union Address. 202-456-1111 #MeetWithManny